There’s no silver bullet when it comes to managing your financial situation and the best place to start is at Step 1 in the structured plan our clients use to achieve their financial goals:
1. Awareness – knowing where you are financially
2. Goals – knowing where you want to go
3. Strategy – determining how you can get there
4. Support – finding out who can help you
5. Review – staying on course
Read on to find out what we say in our first book about the importance of Step 1: Awareness.
* When we first meet new prospective clients, the three most common issues raised are:
We’ll address direction and creating a plan in the first few chapters of our book. For the moment, we want to focus on where you are now. After all, any plan starts with looking at your current situation with a critical eye to determine exactly how far you need to go to achieve what you want.
Here are six powerful reasons why it is important for you to get clarity around your financial position sooner rather than later:
So where are you now? Let’s start with the financial issues that are keeping you up at night.
This is the best test for identifying your major financial concerns.
If you’re anything like most new clients, these might include:
* This post includes extracts from our book, They said the World was my Oyster but someone Stole the Pearl, A Baby Boomer's guide to Living a Life of Choice not compromise by Markham Collins & Russell Mann, available June 2016.
Whether or not you are a Baby Boomer, if you would like help to take Step 1 and clarify your current financial situation, please contact Collins Mann Private Wealth on 07 3251 3201.
Collins Mann ABN 88 098 705 152 is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Magnitude Group Pty Ltd (Authorised Representative No. 267462). Managing Director Russell Mann (Authorised Representative No. 273590) is an authorised representative of Magnitude Group Pty Ltd ABN 54 086 266 202 which is the holder of Australian Financial Services Licence No. 221557.
The information contained within this website does not consider your personal circumstances and is of a general nature only. You should not act on it without first obtaining professional financial advice specific to your circumstances. This website holds information for Australian Residents only.